The earthwork and buried remains of the late medieval to early post medieval moated site of Langley Hall, and its associated fishponds and water mill sites. The site of the now demolished hall occupies a roughly square platform which was originally surrounded by water on all sides. The north east arm took the form of two substantial fishponds, with further ponds flanking the south east arm. The manor of Langley is first mentioned in Domesday. In 1212 it was owned by William Burnell and in 1377 Langley manor passed by marriage to the Lee family. In 1591 Humphrey Lee made Langley Hall his main seat. A 1789 watercolour of the hall depicts an L-shaped building, including a timber-framed hall and cross wing. A stone-built wing at the east end was probably added in the late 16th century. After the Civil War the Smythe family obtained the hall. At the end of the century the Smythe family moved to Acton Burnell, and by 1717 the hall was let as a farmhouse. The hall was probably demolished soon after 1868 when the present farmhouse was built. Excavations carried out in the 1990s revealed foundations and occupation debris in the area of the halls courtyard. The fishponds survive as clearly visible earthwork hollows whilst two substantial earthen banks preserve the buried remains of a watermill. Further self-sufficiency of the site is provided by the earthwork remains of ridge and furrow which lie to the north east of the moat. Scheduled.