Former site of a smithy, School Lane, Aintree. (1) A building is recorded on the Molyneux estate plan of Aintree of 1769, as part of No. 15, occupied by Anthony Fleetwood. The holding included a house and the old smithy. (2) No building is shown on the 6 OS map of 1848. The 1st edition 25 OS map of 1893 shows a building in a similar position to that on the Molyneux map and labels it as smithy. The building is shown on the 6 OS map of 1956 but not on the OS map of 1958.