A round barrow of Neolithic origin, excavated in 1870 by Mortimer. At the time, it was already suffering plough damage, but still measured 90 feet in diameter and 12 inches high. By 1964, the Ordnance Survey reported no surviving surface traces. Beneath the mound, and some 21 feet north-northeast of the centre was a small, disturbed pit which contained the sherds of a Neolithic bowl and the cremated remains of an adult, plus some animal bones and teeth and an antler comb. 5 feet east of centre was a large subrectangular grave pit containing a crouched inhumation with a flint flake, a scraper, and a bronze point or awl. Above the grave were some potsherds described by Mortimer as possibly Roman, plus an Anglo-Saxon bronze brooch. Mortimer speculated that the latter had accompanied an inhumation destroyed by the plough. 30 feet northeast of centre were sherds of a pottery vessel with some cremated bones. The date of this interment is not clear. Mortimers description is a little ambiguous, but it seems to have been inserted into the mound rather than the original ground surface.