Wye was one of the early minsters founded in Kent before 700. Of the 13th century cruciform Church, the arcades of the Nave survive. The clerestory, the roof of the Nave, the Aisles and the South Porch date from between 1432, when Cardinal Archbishop John Kempe founded Wye College of which this become the collegiate Church, in 1447. The Tower collaped in 1686, destroying the Transepts and Chancel. The transepts were not rebuilt, but the Tower and the Chancel with its apsidal end were rebuilt in 1702 of medieval materials. Restored 1873-1878.