Originally used as a cowhouse, byre and hay barn and presently used as a byre, hayloft and shelter shed this 1894 building is notable only for a segmental arch and the reset datestone. A late Victorian five bay barn and byre with a further two bay extension currently frame with Hartsop Hall Farm although standing at Candalebeck Farm. WALLS - As with the other buildings around this farmyard a large number of cobbles are included in the wall. The quoin stones vary being laid flatwats at the base of the wall roughly square in the middle and laid on edge at the top. Jambs are generally of flat laid stones. ROOF - The roof structure is of sawn timbers with tie beam trusses, principals halved and holted twice at their apex. The purlins are deeply trenched and themselves notched. Rafters are sawn but laid flatways they are torched but several have slipped leaving holes in the roof. The diminishing courses of slates have a sandstone ridge. The roof of the extension is rather cruder and the ridge off set with the front wall built around and above the tie. These seems to have been done to match the pitch to that of the barn, where it is visible from the house. It has a crow stepped gable. Neither roofs have wall plates. FLOORS - The floor over the present byre is probably contemporary with the building that within the barn has been renewed but probably replaces an earlier floor, both are in good condition. DEVELOPMENT - without reference to early maps precise details cannot be fixed, but the main barn was apparently built in 1894 by GB. The triple doors at the north end suggest this was originally a cow house with side feeding passages and central muck passage. In such an arrangement the hay loft would have been carried over almost the whole length of the barn, with just the bay with the main doors being left open. The two bay extension appears to be older, but was just a product of the local farmer, rather than the mason employed for the main barn. The crow stepped gables hold down the verge at this the windward end, as can be seen all over this area. Both buildings have water and electricity.