Benedictine Nunnery founded circa 1133 dissolved 1539 surviving as the ruins of a 16th century chapel and enclosure with part of wall. Partly excavated, although no details of the layout had been revealed. Stone coffins have been discovered. Descriptions of the buildings shortly after the Dissolution, and an engraving by Wood in the 17th century, indicate that the claustral complex included chapels, a chapterhouse, three dorters, a kitchen, atrium, garner, gatehouse and guest lodgings. There also appears to have been a granary to the north of the church. Earthworks associated with the nunnery, including a moat, enclosures, field boundaries, ditches and a fish pond, were mapped from air photographs by the RCHMEs Thames Valley NMP project. Earlier periods are represented by Romano- British sherds found during excavations.