Detached five-bay single-storey thatched house, built c.1750, having a projecting single-bay gable-fronted entrance porch to the southeast elevation. Hipped thatched roof with decorative ropework to ridge and three low rendered chimneystacks, irregularly spaced. Thatched Thick battered walls, probably mud-walled or partially mud-walled, having a number of rubble stone buttresses to rear elevation (northwest). Square-headed window openings, irregularly spaced, with replacement fittings. Square-headed doorcase to later porch having timber door. Set at right angle to road in own grounds with gardens to front and rear. Located adjacent to main Mullingar to Longford road to the southwest of Rathowen.
Copyright Government of Ireland. This dataset was created by the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, Department of Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs. This copyright material is licensed for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.