Terraced three-bay three-storey house, c.1900, on a corner site probably incorporating fabric of earlier house, pre-1840, on site with shopfront to left ground floor, and single-bay three-storey side (north) elevation. Renovated, c.1975, with shopfront inserted to right ground floor. Now disused. Pitched slate roof with clay ridge tiles, red brick Flemish or Running bond chimney stacks having stringcourses, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered eaves having iron brackets. Rendered, ruled and lined walls with chamfer to corner to ground floor. Square-headed window openings with cut-granite sills, and two-over-two timber sash windows (one three-over-three timber sash window to ground floor side (north) elevation having iron bars). Timber shopfront to left ground floor with pilasters on padstones, fixed-pane (four-light) display window having glazed timber display screen behind, timber panelled double doors on cut-granite threshold having overlight, and fascia having moulded cornice. Mosaic-tiled shopfront, c.1975, to right ground floor with replacement fixed-pane uPVC display window having overlights, and replacement glazed uPVC panelled door having overlight. Interior with timber panelled shutters to window openings. Street fronted on a corner site with concrete footpath to front.
Copyright Government of Ireland. This dataset was created by the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, Department of Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs. This copyright material is licensed for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.