Detached three-bay two-storey farmhouse, extant 1834, on a cruciform plan centred on single-bay two-storey gabled projecting breakfront corresponding as single-bay (two-bay deep) two-storey central return (????). Improved, pre-1904, producing present composition. In use, 1924. Now disused. Hipped slate roofs on a T-shaped plan on collared timber construction centred on pitched (gabled) slate roof to breakfront with clay ridge tiles, paired rendered red brick Running bond central chimney stacks supporting yellow terracotta pots, cut-granite coping to gable to breakfront rising to cut-granite dwarf chimney stack to apex supporting yellow terracotta tapered pot, and no rainwater goods surviving on red brick header bond eaves. Semi-coursed random rubble limestone walls retaining fragments of limewashed roughcast surface finish with section of red brick Flemish bond construction to gable to breakfront following course of chimney. Square-headed window openings centred on square-headed window opening in tripartite arrangement to ground floor breakfront with cut-granite sills, red brick block-and-start surrounds including red brick block-and-start surround to tripartite opening supporting timber with red brick header bond voussoirs over forming camber relieving arch, and remains of six-over-six timber sash windows having two-over-two sidelights to tripartite opening. Segmental-headed opposing door openings to cheeks to breakfront with red brick block-and-start surrounds rising into red brick header bond voussoirs, and timber panelled doors having fanlights. Interior in ruins retaining tongue-and-groove timber panelled reveals or timber panelled shutters to some window openings. Set in own grounds with unkempt grounds to site [OS].
Copyright Government of Ireland. This dataset was created by the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, Department of Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs. This copyright material is licensed for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.