Detached four-bay single-storey lobby entry thatched house with dormer attic, extant 1840, with single-bay single-storey gabled windbreak. Restored, 2006. Hipped roof with iron mesh-covered replacement oat thatch, 2006, iron mesh-covered paired exposed stretchers to ridge having exposed scallops, rendered chimney stack having shallow capping, and iron mesh-covered paired exposed hazel stretchers to eaves having exposed scallops. Pitched (gabled) slate roof to windbreak with ridge tile, and no rainwater goods on limewashed Cavetto eaves. Limewashed roughcast battered walls over mud wall construction with limewashed rendered walls to windbreak. Square-headed window openings with limewashed sills, and concealed dressings framing two-over-two timber sash windows. Square-headed door opening in ogee-headed recess with concrete step threshold, and replacement timber panelled door, 2006. Set in own grounds with gravel forecourt [OS/SS].
Copyright Government of Ireland. This dataset was created by the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, Department of Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs. This copyright material is licensed for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.