Detached five-bay two-storey farmhouse with dormer attic, built 1686; dated 1700, originally thatched on an L-shaped plan with single-bay (single-bay deep) two-storey lower return (north-east). Extended, pre-1840, producing present composition. Reroofed, pre-1980 [CEMA]. Vacated, 1980. Now disused. Replacement pitched corrugated-iron roof, pre-1980, retaining pitched slate roof to return with pressed iron ridge, cut-granite or rendered coping to gables rising to creeper-covered rendered red brick Running bond chimney stacks to apexes having red brick capping, and iron rainwater goods on rendered red brick header bond stepped eaves retaining wrought iron brackets. Part creeper-covered lime rendered battered walls over semi-coursed random rubble stone construction incorporating sections of mud wall construction with rendered, ruled and lined surface finish to gable to side (north-west) elevation over red brick irregular bond construction following course of chimney. Square-headed window openings with cut-granite sills, concealed dressings including rough hewn stone lintels on red brick imposts, and concrete block infill to front (south-west) elevation retaining six-over-six timber sash windows without horns to remainder having part exposed sash boxes. Square-headed door opening with block-and-start surround centred on keystone below cut-limestone plaque (1998?), and date stone-inscribed (1700) concrete block infill. Set in own grounds including stone cobble courtyard [DS/OS/SS].
Copyright Government of Ireland. This dataset was created by the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, Department of Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs. This copyright material is licensed for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.