Ballyvergan House latterly Ballyvergin House, Ballyvergin, Co. Wexford
Detached four-bay two-storey single-pile farmhouse, extant 1840, on a T-shaped plan off-centred on full-height canted bay window with single-bay (three-bay deep) full-height return (north). Improved, pre-1902, producing present composition. Improved, 1914? Pitched slate roofs on a T-shaped plan off-centred on half-polygonal slate roof with pitched (gabled) slate roof to end bay, roll moulded clay ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks having capping supporting terracotta or yellow terracotta octagonal pots with red brick Running bond[?] chimney stack to apex to return having stringcourse below cornice capping supporting yellow terracotta octagonal pot, perforated timber bargeboards to gables, and cast-iron rainwater goods on rendered slate flagged[?] eaves retaining wrought iron brackets with cast-iron octagonal or ogee hoppers and downpipes throughout. Rendered, ruled and lined walls over semi-coursed random rubble stone construction with rusticated rendered quoins to corners over concealed red brick block-and-start construction. Square-headed window openings including some paired square-headed window openings or square-headed window openings in bipartite arrangement with cut-granite sills, timber mullions to bipartite openings, and concealed red brick block-and-start surrounds framing two-over-two timber sash windows. Interior retaining timber surrounds to door openings framing timber panelled doors with timber panelled shutters to window openings. Set in own grounds with landscaped grounds to site [OS/SS].
Copyright Government of Ireland. This dataset was created by the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, Department of Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs. This copyright material is licensed for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.