Mount Anna sometimes Mount Ana, Mountanna, Co. Wexford
Detached five-bay two-storey over part raised basement farmhouse, between 1730-73, on a symmetrical plan centred on three-bay full-height breakfront on an engaged half-hexagonal or octagonal plan with five-bay full-height rear (east) elevation centred on three-bay full-height higher bow. Extensively renovated [CEMA]. Hipped roof centred on half-polygonal (west) or half-conical (east) roofs with replacement artificial slate, ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks having Cavetto stringcourses below capping supporting terracotta or yellow terracotta octagonal or tapered pots, slightly sproketed eaves, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods on rendered red brick header bond stepped eaves retaining some cast-iron downpipes. Replacement cement rendered walls on rendered plinth. Square-headed window openings centred on round-headed window openings with rendered stepped sills, and two-over-two timber sash windows with replacement uPVC casement windows to rear (east) elevation. Round-headed door opening approached by flight of four cut-granite steps between wrought iron railings with replacement glazed uPVC door having overlight. Interior retaining carved timber surrounds to door openings framing timber panelled doors with timber panelled shutters to window openings. Set in own grounds with landscaped grounds to site [SS].
Copyright Government of Ireland. This dataset was created by the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, Department of Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs. This copyright material is licensed for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.