Attached three-bay two-storey library block, built 1910 in tower house form, with basement and dormer attic. Square plan corner turrets to south-west and north-east facades. Incorporating fabric of earlier structures, 1738 and c.1840.
ROOF: Double-pitched slate set behind crow-stepped crenellated parapet, with cast-iron rainwater goods and roughcast rendered chimney. Ashlar copings and finials. WALLS: Roughcast rendered over rubble stone. OPENINGS: Openings remodelled and refenestrated 1910. Timber sash windows with ashlar lintels.
Copyright Government of Ireland. This dataset was created by the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, Department of Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs. This copyright material is licensed for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.