Detached castellated house, renovated c. 1810. South-facing entrance elevation, with projecting end towers, four-storey to west and three-storey to east, flanking single-bay three-storey central part having single-storey castellated porch to front, latter with castellated corner turrets having string course. Incorporates fabric of thirteenth-century castle. Now in ruins. Partially rendered walls with square-headed windows with label-mouldings, and loops. Blocked up ogee-arched moulded limestone door opening with hood-moulding, and blocked up flanking flat-headed loops to porch. Outbuildings to rear, comprising remains of two-storey buildings having coursed rubble limestone walls. Elliptical brick carriage arch to coursed rubble limestone boundary wall having double-leaf timber battened door, with cross loop over. Castellated turrets to boundary wall. Gateway to north has paired square-plan cut limestone piers, having double-leaf cast-iron entrance gates, set into coursed rubble limestone walls, with roofless three-bay single-storey gate lodge to east.
Copyright Government of Ireland. This dataset was created by the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, Department of Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs. This copyright material is licensed for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.