Freestanding orthogonal-plan single-bay three-stage tower with base batter, built c. 1550, now in ruins. Parapet with string course below, formerly battlemented. Rubble stone walls with machicolation over entrance. Various openings including gun loops and pointed arch openings. On river bank adjacent to church built by OGrady, Lords of territory of Hy-donghaile, noted in TCD lists of castles of Thomond and in Annals of the Four Masters (1564)
Copyright Government of Ireland. This dataset was created by the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, Department of Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs. This copyright material is licensed for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.