Detached former castle, built c.1215, substantially rebuilt and extended c.1840, and rebuilt 1988. Now in use as house. Comprising three-bay two-storey main block with porch, having five-bay two-storey over basement recent wing attached to south gable, creating L-plan form. Full-height canted end bays and patio to south elevation of recent wing. Roof concealed by crenulated parapets. Crenulated turrets to corners. Roughcast rendered walls with plat bands and plinth. Square-headed and round-headed openings with replacement timber windows having concrete sills and smooth rendered surrounds throughout. Square-headed door openings with replacement timber glazed and timber doors throughout. Round-headed door opening with replacement timber door to porch. Outbuildings and water pump to rear (east). Rubble limestone walls with wrought-iron gate to roadside (west).
Copyright Government of Ireland. This dataset was created by the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, Department of Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs. This copyright material is licensed for re-use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.